Saturday, March 10, 2012

Frenzied


From the magical, maniacal world of the creators of National Novel Writing Month comes the crazy challenge called Script Frenzy. Next month, thousands of writers will grab their pens, their notepads, their laptops, their cork boards and sticky notes and attempt the daunting task of writing a 100 page script in 30 days.

I might be a bit mad myself, but I'm going to make a go at it. I've written plenty of novels, short stories and essays (even one play), but I've haven't yet written a screenplay even though I've wanted to for years.

So for the next few weeks, besides finishing up the revision of one of my WIPs, I'll be working on my outline for Script Frenzy. Hopefully by the time the first of April rolls around I'll be ready to start pounding some keys.

What about you? Are you going to give Script Frenzy a go this year? If you're interested in learning more you can click here to visit the Script Frenzy home page.

4 comments:

  1. Kate, I joined NANO whatever and purchased the books the teachers had already published. They were PUTRID!!!

    I just couldn't bring myself to listen to them further. The books also had the odd appearance of self-published works so I dropped out with a 'pffft' attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I wouldn't recommend buying any merchandise. The purpose for me was to stay motivated to complete the project in a month. Plus it's so exciting to know that there's a huge community of people that are doing it all at the same time that you are. Very cool! I had a great experience during NaNoWriMo and hope I have an equally great one with Script Frenzy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Hope you come up with something amazing and original! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow a script! I don't even understand how to write a script. But I'll tell you, if I ever get an agent to sell my book, then I might think about it. It sounds pretty fun. And I like the way movies move versus books. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete