Monday, July 11, 2011

My First Blog Award


I was just chugging along minding my business as a quiet little blogger when LisaAnn over at Kicked, Cornered, Bitten and Chased decided to be awesome and give me my first blogger award: The Versatile Blogger Award (I hope when it says Versatile it really means slow and lazy because it's taken me two weeks to get to it, but heck, if that's what they're giving awards out for, then I'm happy to oblige).


Here are the rules for accepting this award:

1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Pass the award on to five newfound blogging buddies.
3. Share seven random facts about yourself.
4. Contact the winners to congratulate them.

So here are the bloggers that I chose to receive my Versatile Blogger Awards (All chosen because their blogs are both informative and end up putting a smile on my face). Click on their names and check out their awesome blogs:
  1. Becky Taylor
  2. Krystal Wade
  3. Chantele Sedgwick at My Writing Bug
  4. Cheryl Reif at Cheryl's Musings
  5. Barbara Watson at Novel and Nouveau
Now on to seven totally random (yet highly endearing) facts about myself:

  1. The year I turned twelve (I think) I asked for a window for my birthday. Yeah, kind of weird, but we lived in a house that was right next to a creek and the only window I had in my room didn't face the river. So my sweet mom indulged and $500 dollars later (holy cow we didn't expect it to cost that much) I had a tiny little window that overlooked the creek. It was perfect on nights when I could lie right next to the window and listen to the rush of the water.
  2. My Grandma Eydythe used to play the most wonderful game with me as a little girl. It was called Little Neigh Neigh. I was, in fact, Little Neigh Neigh and my grandma was Big Neigh Neigh. I bet you'd never guess what the game involved. Yes, we were horses (my childhood obsession) and would graze on a floral quilt and romp around on all fours. What a kind grandma, huh?
  3. I LOVE all things sour. I have a sweet tooth too, but when you combine it with something sour BAM! My mom used to pack sliced up lemons in my lunch. No apples for me.
  4. My husband and I tried opening a flower shop when we were first married and still very stupid. It was called Morgan's Gardens (named after our daughter) and we mananged to lose lots and lots of money. Once I accidentally locked (I thought) myself in the walk in fridge in the pitch black. I finally realized that I only had to push on the door a little harder, but for a moment there I imagined someone finding my chilled carcass clutching the daisies. That'd be a weird alternative to the saying (pushing up daisies).
  5. I'm probably the biggest scaredy cat in the world. I am afraid of: spiders, bees, ants (let's just narrow it down to anything that crawls), snakes, big dogs that aren't by their owners, heights, the dark, small spaces, big open spaces, being alone (at night), being in the middle of the ocean... I could probably go on and on, but you get the point.
  6. I love to spend money. Sometimes I think that if the government wanted to really get the economy going again they should just give me a bunch of spending money, set me free, and stand back. I would love to be the sort of person who can save, but I'm pretty sure they made up the saying "burning a hole in my pocket" about me.
  7.  I love to imagine what sort of animals people would be if they were one. My husband is definitely a golden eagle, my son is a turtle and my youngest daughter is a cocker spaniel puppy. I also like to categorize people by what fruit they'd be (my mom would be a raspberry) or what flower they would be (my oldest daughter would be a peony). But I'm not sure what I'd be.

6 comments:

  1. That is a deficit solution I can get behind. I'll help you spend it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the award!!! :D You are awesome! ;) I'm afraid of bees. And spiders. And most of all grasshoppers. They are freaky and what's worse than something that can jump on you? I'm getting chills just thinking about them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE random facts about people! They give a peek inside that person.

    I'll participate in this on one of my free-for-all Friday posts. Thanks for the award. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the award! I love that you got a window for your 12th birthday -- what a very cool birthday gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats. Has your son always been a turtle? That is a particularly interesting one to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kate! Nice to meet you. :)

    Love your answers. I'd def be a tigress if I were an animal. Lazy and volatile if disturbed. lol I can spend some money too. If only there were a job I could get in which that was the skill needed. ;)
    Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete